Ballan District Health & Care is proud to acknowledge the amazing service of the 80+ registered volunteers.
Our volunteers deliver Meals on Wheels, offer driving and logistical support to frail community members, visit residents and patients, work at Opportunity on Inglis, raise funds through the Ballan Hospital Auxiliary and other committees, care for the community garden and help out our maintenance team. They offer bereavement and religious support, sit on our Board, represent the community on specialised governance committees and undertake innumerable other vital tasks. BDHC could not function as well as it does without their help.
If you would like to make a contribution to your community by joining our team of volunteers, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator on 5368 1100
To be eligible to become a volunteer you will be required to:
- Complete a volunteer application form (available from the Hospital Reception at 33 Cowie Street Ballan);
- Successfully complete a full police check;
- Sit an interview with the Volunteer Coordinator;
- Provide proof of identity;
and in relation to particular activities:
- Provide a current driver’s license and motor vehicle insurance (upon request); and
- Provide a current Food Safety or Food Handling Certificate (upon request).
Once you become a registered volunteer, you may be able to assist us by:
- Talking and reading to residents
- Participating in discussion groups
- Helping with activities – arts, crafts, games, outings, musicals, dancing, men’s groups, ladies groups, book club
- Helping with special events and celebratory functions
- Assisting with exercise programs and walking groups
- Supporting our palliative care team
- Working in the Op Shop
- Delivering Meals on Wheels
Volunteers are overseen by the Volunteer Coordinator. Responsibility for rosters depends upon the area of service. In accordance with the Department of Health Criminal Record Screening Policy, all prospective volunteers to work in Health must undergo an Australia-wide criminal record check and return a satisfactory result before commencing volunteer duties. This is mandatory for all volunteers.
For more information please contact the hospital on 5368 1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org