Ballan District Health and Care’s experienced and supportive staff offer 24 hour, seven days a week personal, quality support for our aged care residents. We value and respect the individual needs of each resident and encourage them to maintain their own independence where ever possible.
Residents have access to a broad range of services located on the hospital site, including GP’s, podiatry, audiology, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, optometry, dental and a wide range of other allied health services.
Our staff provide a warm and friendly environment where visits from family and friends are always welcomed and encouraged. Respite for carer’s is also available, on request, dependent upon bed availability.
New Hydro & Spa & Gymnasium Centre
- New $3 Million Dollar Hydro Therapy Pool, Spa and gymnasium built right next door is available to all our aged care residents.
New Playground Garden Area
- Our new Playground Area is an innovative project which is perfect for visits from the Grandchildren and where up to 3 generations of family can spend time outside in a safe and shaded garden setting.
New Activities & BBQ Garden Area
A new interactive, activity garden area has been established and will include the following new activities for our residents
- Activity Shed
- BBQ Facilities
- Sundeck with Shade Sails – for meals and get togethers
- 4 x 10’ artificial lawn area to play Bowls, Bocci, Croquet and Mini Golf.
- Garden and Vegetable Beds
Our Activity Programs
Our activity programs are comprehensive and include ;
- Day Trips for local outings, concerts and events
- Art Therapy classes
- Exercise Sessions in-house or at a new Hydro Pool & Spa Centre
Our Support Services
Involve individual attention, supervision and assistance with:
- Bathing, showering and personal hygiene
- Podiatry In-House Services
- Dental In-House Services
- Dressing, undressing and grooming
- Eating and drinking
- Transferring to mobility
- Toileting and maintaining continence and managing incontinence
- Special dietary requirements
- Individual treatments or procedures, including assistance with taking medication; and
- Individual attention and support for people who experience confusion or behavioural conditions.
- Laundry In-House Services Our lounge and dining facilities that encourage interaction with other residents and staff and there are also intimate areas available for quiet family/friend visits. For further information please call Hospital Administration on 5368 1100.
Fee arrangements for all Aged Care Homes in Australia have changed since on 1 July 2014.
If your income and assets are over a certain amount you may be asked to make an accommodation payment that you agree with the home. Otherwise the Australian Government will pay for part or all of your accommodation costs. The Department of Human Services will advise you if you are required to make an accommodation payment. Below is the maximum price (accommodation payment) you may be asked to pay if entering a home on or after 1 July 2014, you may be able to negotiate a lower price with the home. The information below also provides details on any additional care or services that may be offered by the home, either as part of the accommodation price or available at an additional cost.
- Option 1 – Houses A,B,C and D: max. refundable deposit $400,000.00 or max. daily payments of $72.65
- Option 2 – Houses E House: max. refundable deposit $256,000.00 or max. daily payments of $46.50
Hostel A,B,C and D houses
Single Room + Private Ensuite
Maximum room occupancy
1 You can be asked by an aged care home to pay accommodation costs, this is called an ‘accommodation payment’. The maximum room price is the maximum accommodation payment that you can be charged for the room. You can negotiate a lower amount with the home.
Maximum price for room
The maximum price that you can be charged for this room is a refundable deposit of $400,000.00 or daily payments of $72.65 or a combination of both. You have 28 days after entering a home to decide how you want to pay your accommodation payment. You can chose: A refundable accommodation deposit is a lump sum payment, the balance of which is refunded when you leave. A daily accommodation payment is a rental style payment that is paid on a regular basis, payable up to a month in advance, and is not refundable. A combination of the two.
Explanation of payment options Residents can choose to pay for their accommodation by a refundable deposit, a daily payment, or a combination of both. A refundable deposit is paid as a lump sum amount. A daily payment accrues daily and is paid periodically, for example monthly. A combination payment includes both a partial lump sum and daily payments. Example of a combination payment for room For this room a resident could pay, for example, 50% of the price by a refundable deposit of $200,000.00 and 50% of the price by daily payments of $36.32.
Ballan Hostel was renovated 3 years ago in late 2011 This included repainting, new flooring and new lighting
(for example, square metres) excluding ensuite 12.25
Residents have access to a large day room which includes a lounge area and dining area.
Residents also have access to garden areas around the Hostel.
Special accommodation or design features of the room or home Ballan District Health & Care provides Residential Aged Care, Dementia, Acute Hospital, GP Super Clinic and a new Hydro Therapy Pool, Spa and gymnasium all co-located on the same site.Aged care homes are required to provide certain services to you by law. Some homes may include additional services in the accommodation payment, at no additional cost.
Additional care or services included in the room price
Residents are able to access care in the Ballan Hospital as either a private or public patient. They are also able to access services at the GP super clinic. These include doctors, dentist, physiotherapist, psychologist, counselling, dietician, podiatrist, occupational therapist. Many of these services will see the residents either at the clinic or with a home visit to the Hostel. Aged care homes may make additional services available to you at an additional cost (not included in the accommodation payment). These are optional and you may choose which, if any, additional services you receive.
Optional additional care or services not included in the room price, charged at extra cost
Extra service status is granted by the Department of Social Services and involves the provision of a higher standard of accommodation, food and services.
Is this room offered on an extra service basis?
For more information relating to Option 2 and any other enquiries please call Tracey on 5368 1100 to discuss in further detail.