What is Mirena birth control?
- Mirena is a hormone-releasing intrauterine device (IUD) that is over 99% effective at preventing pregnancy for up to 5 years.
- Mirena can be used whether or not you have had a child.
- Placement is nonsugurical and only takes a few minutes.
- Mirena is reversible, so you can have it removed at any time and try to become pregnant right away.
- Mirena is placed in the uterus, not the vagina, so neither you nor your partner should be able to feel it during sex.
Is Mirena right for you?
- No single birth control is right for everyone. Only you and your Doctor can decide if Mirena is the right choice for you
- Please book an appointment with Dr Rakhi Basu at the GP Clinic who can help you determine which birth control is the best option for you, as well as answer any of your questions: (03) 5366 7999
- For Mirena product details, including safety information, check the manufacturer’s website: www.mirena-us.com
You will require 4 appointments with Dr Rakhi Basu at the GP Clinic. First, discuss with Dr Rakhi Basu about whether Mirena is right for you. You may need tests at or following this appointment. Your Mirena will be inserted at the second appointment. A third follow up appointment is required to check the Mirena, and then a fourth appointment serves as a six month check up.
Important Billing Information
The total cost of the four appointments above will be $320.60 (as at 10 Jan 2018). You will receive a rebate from Medicare.
Payment is required at the time of consultation as our general practice is a private billing practice. Your GP may choose to bulk bill you for one or more visits but please be prepared to pay.