We provide high quality and loving care in an environment that promotes learning
The Ballan Childcare Centre offers your child a warm and loving, educationally rich, close to home environment, located at 88a Simpson Street, Ballan.
The Centre’s educational curriculum is Reggio Emilia inspired. This means that we view each child as a capable, active and confident learner and believe our role as educators is to work with your child’s natural curiosity and desire for self-expression as they explore the world.
Our meals are cooked in the Ballan District Health & Care kitchen and have a focus on locally sourced ingredients. Our menu is overseen by a dietician, ensuring our children have access to over 50% of their daily nutritional requirements.
- Babies Room (4 months to 2 years)
- Toddlers Room (2 to 3 years)
- Pre-Kinder Room (3 to 4 years)
- Kinder Room (4 to 5 years)
About our educators
- Highly experienced with nationally recognised qualifications
- Regular National Police & Working with Children checks
- Trained in First Aid, Anaphylaxis & Emergency Asthma Management, Child Protection and Hand Hygiene.
Flu Vaccination Fact Sheet
Vaccination against flu is the best way to protect you and your children from flu and any associated illness.
To protect yourself from the flu, you should get vaccinated every year. The flu virus is always changing so the flu vaccine changes too. Continue reading >
Small Green Steps
We are committed to playing our small part in protecting the planet and caring for the environment for the sake of future generations. We are also determined to take an active role in caring for our environment and contribute to a sustainable future.
To meet both these objectives and to help us on our sustainability journey, we have enrolled in Small Green Steps – a 40 step online environmental program that has been specifically developed for childcare services.
We also seek your support and ask you to join us on our sustainability journey by embracing the waste management principles, energy efficiency practices and other sustainability initiatives that we introduce along the way, to ensure that your children have a consistent experience at home.
|Full Day Fee (11.5 hours)||
|Short Day Fee (9 hours)||
|Full Week Discount (57.5 hours)||
|Half Day (am)||
|Half Day (pm)||
|Hourly rate (Before and after kinder sessions)||
Our close to home services cater for every member of the family with warmth and kindness. If you would like to know more, please call the Ballan Childcare Centre Manager on 5366 7994.
Keeping in contact
- Newsletter: Click here to read the latest newsletter
- Facebook: Join our online community for parents
Starting Blocks resources for families
Starting Blocks, ACECQA’s family focused website, is updated regularly with information, factsheets and infographics for families and educators.
The factsheets include information about the National Quality Framework, building strong links between home and education and care services, illness, nutrition and more.
Visit Starting Blocks to view the range of factsheets and share with your networks.
- Australian Council on Children and the Media – All sorts of information relating to children and the effects of media in today’s world on children
- For Parents – A resourceful website dealing with all sorts of concerns and issues around raising children
- New child care packages (July 2018)
- Family Child Care Subsidy Estimator
- Ballan Primary – Term Dates
- St Brigid’s Catholic Primary School – Term Dates
- Statement of Philosophy
- Nutrition food and beverages and dietary requirements
- Interactions with Children Policy
- Emergency Management Plan
- Child Safe Environment Policy
- Orientation Enrolment and Transitions
- Sun Protection Policy
- Water Play Policy
- Acceptance and Refusal of Authorisations
- Excursions Policy
- Fees Policy
- Dealing with Infectious Disease
- Delivery and Collection of Children